It is important to us that we manage your personal information securely and consistently with relevant legislation, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (“Privacy Act”) as well as the Credit Reporting Privacy Code(where applicable).
We will take all necessary measures to fulfill this commitment including to:
- Comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”);
- Ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
- Only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
- Tell you how we might use your personal information;
- Let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else (including our technology partners located in Banglore, India) and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
- Keep your personal information secure;
- promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
- Make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and
- Ensure that, where appropriate, you can access and correct your personal information.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Images of you;
- Your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- Your age and/or date of birth;
- Your demographic information, such as postcode;
- Your preferences and/or opinions;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- Details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- Information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- Any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.]
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you offline or online or from third parties platform, websites or mobile apps associated with us.
- Business identifiers such as business name, ABN/ACN, address, size, industry, company structure, and other information.
- Financial and operating information such as turnover, sales channels, your payment history on other debt, and other information.
- Business and personal documentation – you may wish to provide business and personal documents for us to provide to lenders in order to facilitate your applications for financing. These documents may include (but aren’t limited to) tax statements, bank statements, and financial reports. These documents will be stored securely by us and only shared with a lender with your explicit permission. Under no circumstances will we share these documents without your permission.
- Feedback provided by you on our website and services – we may explicitly request your feedback after your use of our website and services.
Collection and use of personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites;
- From our own records.
- When you visit our website and/or mobile application.
- From other sources such as credit reporting agencies.
We may hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes: to enable you to access and use our services, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- Pass your messages on to Sellers, Buyers, Local Real Estate Agents or people using the Website or Online Platform within the confines of their requests and use of the Online Platform;
- Provide information services to relevant third parties including conveyancers, Solicitors, Estate Agents.
When you register on the Website and/or mobile application you may be required to provide personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and a password. You can change and update this information at any time by logging into the our platform once registration has been completed.
Our Local Real Estate Agent may also upload photographs but these will not be published without your approval. These photographs will normally result in the identity of your address.
Arranging viewings and making offers
When a prospective Purchaser wishes to view a property they will choose a convenient time and date from the live interactive diary and they will then be provided with a confirmation of the viewing together with the full name and address (unless we are conducting the viewings on your behalf) of the Seller. Should the person who has viewed wish to make an offer they can do so through our platform. The Seller will be provided with the name of the person who has made the offer together with details of their position as a Purchaser (not on market, on market, sold, cash, mortgage position etc).
In the event that an offer is made we will require further information such as the name and contact details of your Conveyancer as well as mortgage information (if applicable).
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- Our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- Our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- Anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia and
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Choice and consent
Information from third parties
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Deletion of your personal information
If you want to delete any or all personal information you submit to us, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com. We will notify you on receipt of your request and will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete all such information from our database within five (5) working days from the date of receipt of your request. Please note that it might be impossible to delete all of your information without some residual records remaining on our computer system because of automatically generated backups and records of deletions. Deletion of your personal information may also make it impossible for us to provide and for you to have the benefit of some or all of our services.
If you believe that, we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, regarding privacy, please contact at:
Fincue Pty Ltd | ABN: 84 623 031 434
Last update: 6th Feb 2019